Fishing is the main livelihood of the Maldivians. Until recently Fishing Sector was the country’s main industry which contributes highest to the country’s GDP. Maldivian fishing industry has seen enormous developments in the past few decades and have grown both economically and technology. Through these developments different types of fishes are being highly exploited.
With these developments and increase in the exploitation of aquatic resources we need to focus on sustainability of our fishery resources. And we need to understand that the sustainability of the fishery resources depends on how we treat with our surroundings. Therefore to sustain our fishery industry we need to protect our environment.
- The Theme of the competition will be “Protect the Environment for Sustainable Fishing”
- This Competition is opened to the students of Grade 1 to 12
- The competition will be judged on three categories which will be as follows:
- Grade 1 – 3
- Grade 4 – 7
- Grade 8 – 12
- All drawings should be attached with a note with the following details of the contestant:
- Full Name
- Full Residential Address
- A Brief description of the artwork (no more than ½ of A4 page)
- All artworks must be submitted to the below address not later than 4 pm on the 29th of October 2015 to:
Maldives Fishermen’s Association
4th Floor, H. Gaadhoo (Anex),
Boduthakurufaanu Magu, Male’, Republic of Maldives
Tel: 3312201, 7783244, 9999669
- The following guideline should be followed:
- Paper Size Should be A3 (420 x 297 mm)
- Any medium of paint can be used (Example: line art, Water Colour, Oil Paint, Pencil Colour, etc..)
- No glitters should be used on the artwork.
- If using any text it should be blended with the artwork Design.
- A blank border of 1 inch should be maintained.
- Artwork or text should not include anything against the Maldivian laws and regulations
- Submitted artwork should be your own creation
- Contestant’s information / signature or initial should not be written on the artwork.
- Once submitted your artwork is a property of Maldives Fishermen’s Association and should not be reproduced without the Association’s consent.
- All artwork should be submitted in a package that it is not bent.
- Number of entries submitted by each contestant is not limited.
- Awards and recognition:
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd will be selected from each age group will receive cash prize and gift prizes.
- Best 12 drawings from each age group will selected and will be printed on the year 2016 Calendar to be published by the Maldives Fishermen’s Association.
- Best 12 drawings from each age group will be selected and displayed at the photo exhibition to be held on the occasion of this years fishermen’s day at Dharubaaruge.
- A booklet of best 12 drawings from each age group will be printed and presented to the National Library.
- A booklet of all the drawings submitted to the exhibition will printed and sent to the participating schools.